双语新闻 Bilingual News | 双语对照阅读 分级系列阅读 智能辅助阅读 在线英语学习 |
[英文] [中文] [双语对照] [双语交替] [] |
The publisher asked 16 people to brainstorm strategies lonely women could use to get men to pay attention to them. | 杂志让16个人进行头脑风暴,总结出单身女性为吸引男性可采取的策略。 |
这些专家为了帮妹子们成功嫁人,脑洞大开,想出了各种“心机招数”...... | |
From ordering rare steaks and no gossiping to crying in a corner of the room and getting a hunting license, some of these tips sound like common sense, and some seem to be… questionable. | 从“点一分熟的牛排”、“不要着说三道四”、“在房间的角落里哭”到“考个狩猎许可证”,有些建议听起来挺正常,有的看起来则有点......不大靠谱。 |
一同来看看这本奇葩恋爱指南都讲了什么吧。 | |
*常规操作篇* | |
❶ 怎么邂逅他 | |
Get a dog and walk it. | 养条狗,遛狗。 |
Get lost at football games. | 在看球赛的时候迷路。 |
Sit on a park bench and feed the pigeons. | 坐在公园的椅子上喂鸽子。 |
On a plane, train or bus don’t sit next to a woman — sit next to a man. | 坐飞机、火车或公交车时,别挨着女人——靠着男人坐吧。 |
Attend night school — take courses men like. | 参加夜校,选男人们喜欢的课程。 |
Go to all reunions of your high school or college class. There may be widowers there. | 参加所有高中和大学的同学会,说不定有些鳏夫在那。 |
Accidentally have your purse fly open, scattering its contents all over the street. | 让你的包包“不小心”敞开来,让里面的东西都洒在大街上。 |
Carry a camera and ask strange, handsome men if they would mind snapping your picture. | 带着相机,问陌生的、帅气的男生是否愿意帮你拍张照。 |
❷ | 怎么打扮自己 |
If you dye your hair, pick a shade and stick to it. | 如果你要染发,挑准一个颜色并保持。 |
Wear high heels most of the time — they’re sexier. | 多穿高跟鞋,会使你更性感。 |
Unless he happens to be shorter than you are. | 接上一条:除非他恰好比你矮。 |
If you look good in sweaters, wear one on every third date. | 如果你穿毛衣好看,每三次约会穿一次吧。 |
Get better-looking glasses — men still make passes at girls who wear glasses — or try contact lenses. | 换一副好看点的眼镜,男人还是会和戴眼镜的女孩调情的,或者试试隐形眼镜。 |
make passes at:调情 | Change the shade of your stockings and be sure to keep the seamsstraight. |
经常换换丝袜颜色,确保缝是对直的。 | |
❸ 如何愉快相处 | |
Laugh at his jokes. | 听完他的笑话后记得笑。 |
Men like to think they're authorities on perfume. Ask his advice on what kind you should wear. | 男人喜欢自认为是香水方面的专家。问问他你该喷什么香水。 |
Tell him he's handsome. | 告诉他,他很帅。 |
If he has bought you any trinket or accessory, wear it. | 如果他给你买了什么小装饰小配件,记得戴。 |
Show him you can have fun on a cheap date — but don't overdo it! | 让他感受到,约会不用花太多钱,你也可以很开心。但别表现得太过了。 |
Tell his friends nice things about him. | 在他的朋友面前夸奖他。 |
Send his mother a birthday card. | 给他妈妈送一张生日贺卡。 |
Ask his mother for her recipes. | 向他妈妈请教她的菜谱。 |
Buy his sisters’ children an occasional present. | 偶尔给他姐妹的孩子买些小礼物。 |
Don’t discuss your former boyfriends. | 别和他聊你的前任。 |
Clip and mail him a funny cartoon that means something to both of you. | 给他发一些对你俩有特殊意义的有趣漫画。 |
❹ | 关于自我修炼 |
Learn several funny stories and learn to tell them well — but make sureyou don't tell them to him more than once. | 了解几个好玩的故事然后学着去向他讲述。但是要记得,不要把同一个故事讲几次。 |
Go on a diet if you need to. | 如果需要,请注意节食。 |
Get that fresh-scrubbed look by scrubbing. | 保持外表清新整洁。 |
Polish up on making introductions; learn to do them gracefully. | 打磨一下你的自我介绍,学会优雅地叙述。 |
Stick to your moral standards. | 坚持你的道德准则。 |
Don't whine — girls who whine stay on the vine. | 别发牢骚。发牢骚的女孩无人睬。 |
Learn where to draw the line but do it gracefully. | 知道自己的底线在哪,但是要优雅地表示出来。 |
Stop being a mama’s girl — don’t let him think he’ll have in-law trouble, even if you know he will. | 别做一个“妈宝女”。别让他觉得他会拥有一个麻烦的岳母,即使你知道他会。 |
❺ 耍些“小手段” | |
Learn to paint. Set up easel out-side engineering school. | 学一学绘画,然后到工程学院外面支个画架。 |
Wear a Band-Aid. People always ask what happened. | 贴个创可贴,人们一定会问你怎么了。 |
Stumble when you walk into a room that he's in. | 走进他在的房间时,绊一跤。 |
Stand in a corner and cry softly. Chances are good that he will come over to find out what's wrong. | 站在角落里小声啜泣。他没准会走过来问你怎么回事。 |
Start a whispering campaign on how sought-after you are. | 散布关于自己很受欢迎的“谣言”。 |
Walk up to him and tell him you need some advice. | 走向他,向他请教一些建议。 |
*非常规操作篇* | |
除了常识性的建议外,该指南还提供了一些一本正经胡说八道的奇怪建议...... | |
Have your car break down at strategic place. | 策略性地让你的车在某些地方(比如他的必经之处)抛锚。 |
Be nice to everybody — they may have an eligible brother or son. | 对每个人都友好一点,因为他们可能有个适婚的兄弟或儿子。 |
Don't be afraid to associate with more attractive girls; they may have some leftovers. | 不要害怕与比你更有吸引力的女孩子相处,她们可能有一些被挑剩下的追求者。 |
If he's rich, tell him you like his money — the honesty will intrigue him! | 如果他很有钱,那就告诉他你爱他的钱。你的诚实会激起他的兴趣。 |
Point out to him that the death rate of single men is twice that of married men. | 告诉他单身男性的死亡率是已婚男性的两倍。(恐吓他!) |
Stand on a busy street corner with a lasso. | 直接拿着个套索去闹市的角落抓人吧。 |
这份古老的女性恋爱指南成功引起了网友们的注意,大家都啧啧称奇。 | |
这是我看过的最棒的东西。 | |
我觉得有一些建议还是蛮可爱的,比如“在工程学院门外支个画板”啥的。 | |
随身带着帽盒?站在角落里抹眼泪?把自己晒伤? | |
别忘了,还有个进门的时候摔一跤,笑死! | |
从“曲意逢迎”到“做你自己” | |
不难发现,因为时代所限,这本“恋爱指南”中不可避免地出现了一些“物化女性” “男尊女卑”的建议,它们渗透到对女性的职业、言行和自我定位等方方面面。例如: | |
Become a nurse or an air-line stewardess-they have very high marriage rates. | 成为一名护士或者当一名空姐:她们有非常高的结婚率。 |
Don't talk about how many children you want. | 别和他聊你想要几个孩子。 |
Find out about the girls he hasn’t married. Don’t repeat the mistakes they made. | 了解那些他没娶的女孩,别和她们犯一样的错误。 |
Never let him believe your career is more important to you than marriage. | 永远不要让他觉得你的事业比婚姻更重要。 |
If you see a man with a flat, offer to fix it. | 如果你遇到一个有房子的男人,可以表示愿意去帮他打理。 |
Let it be known in your office that you have a button box and will sew on bachelors’ loose buttons. | 让你办公室的人知道你有一个针线包,可以为单身汉缝扣子。 |
Buy a convertible. Men like to ride in them. | 买辆敞篷车。因为男人喜欢开敞篷车。 |
部分网友也对这些所谓的“建议”嗤之以鼻: | |
我买了敞篷车,赚了大把钱,那我干嘛还要找个老公? | |
我不能相信这些玩意被当“建议”给了出来。把这种垃圾印刷出来,难怪我们会需要妇女解放运动! | |
与此相对应的1958年的男性杂志。内容总结起来如下: | |
1.你想怎样都行。 | |
2.除了哭。永远别哭。 | |
3.哦对了,也不要谈及你的心理感受。 | |
4.如果你觉得伤心,还是自杀好了。 | |
最早在网上发布这些文章图片的库钦斯基也认为,要结合时代因素去看待这些建议。 | |
“I think the article is reflective of the social mores of the era, and I found the comparison between what was acceptable then and what is acceptable now fascinating. It also made me grateful that so much progress has been made. ” | 我觉得这篇文章是那个时代社会道德的一个反映。并且,我发现比较“当时可以接受的准则”和“现在可以接受的准则”是有趣的事情。让我同样感激的是,我们已经有了如此大的进步。 |
mores /'mɔːreɪz/:道德观;风俗习惯 | 她补充道,将“嫁人”当作女性的最高追求,反而无法得到美满的婚姻。 |
“I think if someone is actively looking for a life-long partner just for the sake of being married, they will end up in a failed relationship whether they legally sever it or not.” | 我觉得,如果有人是纯粹为了结婚而积极地寻找终生伴侣,无论他们最终是否离婚,这都将会是一段失败的关系。 |
六十年过去了,越来越多的女性在经济上能够独立,思想上,“相夫教子”也不再是她们的人生终极目标。 | |
很多优秀的女性走向了更广阔的舞台,为国家、社会和自身的权益发声。 | |
相信种种为了俘获对方而存在的“恋爱指南”,也将随着时代的发展而落伍。 | |
但是,努力使自己变得优秀的人,在任何年代都是最迷人的。 | |
OK阅读网 版权所有(C)2017 | 联系我们