新月集 作者:泰戈尔
The Crescent Moon By Rabindranath Tagore


英文  中文  双语对照  双语交替

首页  目录  上一章     

    40.THE LAST BARGAIN
    40 最后的买卖 THE LAST BARGAIN
    
    
    "COME and hire me," I cried, while in the morning I was walking on the stone-paved road.
    早晨,我在石铺的路上走时,我叫道:“谁来雇用我呀。”
    Sword in hand, the King came in his chariot.
    皇帝坐着马车,手里拿着剑走来。
    He held my hand and said, "I will hire you with my power."
    他拉着我的手,说道:“我要用权力来雇用你。”
    But his power counted for nought, and he went away in his chariot.
    但是他的权力算不了什么,他坐着马车走了。
    In the heat of the midday the houses stood with shut doors.
    正午炎热的时候,家家户户的门都闭着。
    I wandered along the crooked lane.
    我沿着屈曲的小巷走去。
    An old man came out with his bag of gold.
    一个老人带着一袋金钱走出来。
    He pondered and said, "I will hire you with my money."
    他斟酌了一下,说道:“我要用金钱来雇用你。”
    He weighed his coins one by one, but I turned away.
    他一个一个地数着他的钱,但我却转身离去了。
    It was evening. The garden hedge was all aflower.
    黄昏了,花园的篱上满开着花。
    The fair maid came out and said, "I will hire you with a smile."
    美人走出来,说道:“我要用微笑来雇用你。”
    Her smile paled and melted into tears, and she went back alone into the dark.
    她的微笑黯淡了,化成泪容了,她孤寂地回身走进黑暗里去。
    The sun glistened on the sand, and the sea waves broke waywardly.
    太阳照耀在沙地上,海波任性地浪花四溅。
    A child sat playing with shells.
    一个小孩坐在那里玩贝壳。
    He raised his head and seemed to know me, and said, "I hire you with nothing."
    他抬起头来,好像认识我似的,说道:“我雇你不用什么东西。”
    From thenceforward that bargain struck in child's play made me a free man.
    从此以后,在这个小孩的游戏中做成的买卖,使我成了一个自由的人。
    
    
    (THE END)
    (完)

目录  上一章   

OK阅读网 版权所有(C)2017 | 联系我们