新月集 作者:泰戈尔
The Crescent Moon By Rabindranath Tagore


英文  中文  双语对照  双语交替

首页  目录  上一章   下一章  

    20.THE SAILOR
    20 水手 THE SAILOR
    
    
    THE boat of the boatman Madhu is moored at the wharf of Rajgunj.
    船夫曼特胡的船只停泊在拉琪根琪码头。
    It is uselessly laden with jute, and has been lying there idle for ever so long.
    这只船无用地装载着黄麻,无所事事地停泊在那里已经好久了。
    If he would only lend me his boat, I should man her with a hundred oars, and hoist sails, five or six or seven.
    只要他肯把他的船借给我,我就给它安装一百只桨,扬起五个或六个或七个布帆来。
    I should never steer her to stupid markets. I should sail the seven seas and the thirteen rivers of fairyland.
    我决不把它驾驶到愚蠢的市场上去。我将航行遍仙人世界里的七个大海和十三条河道。
    But, mother, you won't weep for me in a corner.
    但是,妈妈,你不要躲在角落里为我哭泣。
    I am not going into the forest like Ramachandra to come back only after fourteen years.
    我不会像罗摩犍陀罗①似的,到森林中去,一去十四年才回来。
    I shall become the prince of the story, and fill my boat with whatever I like.
    我将成为故事中的王子,把我的船装满了我所喜欢的东西。
    I shall take my friend Ashu with me. We shall sail merrily across the seven seas and the thirteen rivers of fairyland.
    我将带我的朋友阿细和我作伴,我们要快快乐乐地航行于仙人世界里的七个大海和十三条河道。
    We shall set sail in the early morning light.
    我将在绝早的晨光里张帆航行。
    When at noontide you are bathing at the pond, we shall be in the land of a strange king.
    中午,你正在池塘里洗澡的时候,我们将在一个陌生的国王的国土上了。
    We shall pass the ford of Tirpurni, and leave behind us the desert of Tep?ntar.
    我们将经过特浦尼浅滩,把特潘塔沙漠抛落在我们的后边。
    When we come back it will be getting dark, and I shall tell you of all that we have seen.
    当我们回来的时候,天色快黑了,我将告诉你我们所见到的一切。
    I shall cross the seven seas and the thirteen rivers of fairyland.
    我将越过仙人世界里的七个大海和十三条河道。
    
    ①罗摩犍陀罗即罗摩。他是印度叙事诗《罗摩衍那》中的主角。为了尊重父亲的诺 言和维持弟兄间的友爱,他抛弃了继承王位的权利,和妻子悉多在森林中被放逐了十四年。

目录  上一章   下一章

OK阅读网 版权所有(C)2017 | 联系我们